(The text on the page can be translated into the language of your choice by choosing the menu on the upper right hand side of this screen.)
(El texto de la página puede ser traducido al idioma de su preferencia eligiendo el menú de "Select Language" en la parte superior derecha de esta pantalla.)
MHSA Annual Update
The Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) is a 2004 voter-approved proposition that created dedicated funding for the transformation of California’s public mental health service system. Each county develops planning documents that are stakeholder informed in order to prioritize programs and services needed for each unique county region, community, and neighborhood. A stakeholder can be anybody who has a stake in behavioral health care services in Riverside County and is concerned about Riverside wellness.
As part of that process, we encourage stakeholder feedback on the annual plan!
This year we develop a new 3-Year Plan that begins next fiscal year starting July 2023.
Your feedback is important!
The full, draft plan is available here for your review (See below). Summary documents were requested by our stakeholders in order to provide a quick reference to plan highlights and operations. These include:
- MHSA Plan Summary Highlights: Reviews changes, plan progress and milestones, and key areas of planning development
- Service Components Regional Grid: Organizes key programs across the MHSA service components by county region: Western, Mid-County, and Desert
- MHSA and Planning Process Orientation: Provides some fundamentals about how MHSA is structured and how we seek and apply your feedback
- MHSA in Action: A real story from a consumer served by a MHSA funded program
Riverside County’s Draft MHSA Annual Update FY 2023/24 - 2025/26 is located below:
You can also provide feedback using the MHSA Voice Mail Feedback Line at:
The formal planning process, after the 30-day posting of the Plan, ends with a Public Hearing. This is an opportunity for your support, concerns, and ideas about Riverside County’s MHSA 3-Year Plan FY 2023/24 – 2025/26 to be formally stated and recorded. These comments become part of the actual plan document that is reviewed by the Riverside Behavioral Health Commission, adopted by the Riverside County Board of Supervisors, and submitted to the California Department of Health Care Services.
This year, there are two ways to participate in the public hearing:
1) Watch a public hearing video! Videos of the public hearing information will be posted 24/7 to RUHS-BH social media from June 19th – June 30th. These “Public Hearing in Your Pocket” videos can be watched anytime, and you can provide feedback using the electronic feedback form located on this page, or call the voice mail feedback line.
2) Attend an in-person public hearing! More details about these in-person public hearings are coming soon. There will be 1 public hearing in each region during the same 2 week period in June. This is an opportunity to ask questions directly about the plan before giving in-person testimony about plan development, programs you want to keep, or any changes you recommend.
What to expect:
- May 22-June 19: Thirty (30) Day public posting of the Draft 3-Year MHSA Plan on our Department Webpage, and through our social media accounts: Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Announcements provided in both English and Spanish, and include a link to the full plan and the electronic feedback form.
- June 19-June 30: A video presentation of the MHSA Plan overview, similar to the presentation of a standard public hearing, posted daily on all our social media accounts including YouTube. Posts will include a link to the full plan, the electronic feedback form, and a voice mail telephone number. Presentation conducted in both English and Spanish and supported by a sign language interpreter.
- In-person public hearings are scheduled and are preceded by public forums, where you can learn more about the MHSA plan prior to the hearing:
o Western Region: Moreno Valley Conference Center, 14075 Frederick St., Moreno Valley, June 27th, Forum 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm. Hearing 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm
o Mid-County Region: SRCAR Auditorium, 2355 East Florida Ave., Hemet, June 20th, Forum 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm. Hearing 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm
o Desert Region: Agua Caliente Resort Casino Spa Rancho Mirage, 32250 Bob Hope Drive, Rancho Mirage, June 29th, Forum 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm. Hearing 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm
- DVDs of the presentation also available for mail or pick up. PLEASE request your DVD packets before June 07. DVDs can be closed captioned in some other Riverside County languages. Direct requests to: SeContreras@ruhealth.org
We look forward to your participation!
Please share this opportunity with other stakeholders and encourage all stakeholders to participate! We encourage you to post links to this page and related stakeholder materials to your own websites and social media.
Thank you! And be well.
David M. Schoelen, LCSW
Behavioral Health Services Administrator
RUHS-BH MHSA Administration